"COLLEGE ADMISSION READY"
An Essential Workshop for The Class of 2018
Congratulations! You’re a senior! You have so much to look forward to- and so much to do! This workshop is your key to kick-starting your senior year in a great way! Whether you need guidance in completing your Common, Coalition or UC App, guidance in picking your essay topic, identifying your college list, or creating a personalized plan, timeline and task-list to successfully manage your college application process, this workshop is for you! Get a head start before your busy senior year begins. You will be glad you did!
During this 5-hour, interactive workshop, students will work one-on-one and in small group sessions, with an admissions expert to prepare for the college admissions process. Guidance in the following areas will be available to each student:
- Creation/completion of the Common App
- College Essay Guidance- Topics, structure and refinement
- College Affordability- How to estimate the cost you will be expected to pay
- Scholarships- Merit vs. Need-based and how they work
- College List Development- What to consider when identifying best-fit schools and how to narrow the list.
- College Research- How to conduct non-travel research for schools of interest
- Campus Tours- Everything you need to know
- College Applications- Understanding early action, early decision, regular decision and rolling admissions and how they can impact the admission decision.
- Strategic Planning- Planning the college application process with timeline and task list